Saturday, December 26, 2015

My Mission Statement

   Mission Statements

     Mission statement are principles you want to follow throughout your life. They consist of values you hold dear and help you in leading a meaningful life. I read about mission statements in "The 7 habits of highly effective people" and the idea of writing my own mission statement immediately appealed to me. You can write your mission statements on a notepad or in a diary which you go through regularly or even have it written in your laptop or desktop (I have them written both in my diary as well as my laptop) wherever you can go through them once in a while. Each of your mission statement should reflect the values you hold dear to you, the values you want to inculcate in your behavior and the things you want to achieve in your life. By going through your mission statements once in a while you stay on track of your goals (maybe becoming a better speaker, fitter individual or a better person overall). Mission statements are an amazing way of discovering yourself (most individuals don't know who they really are and what they want in life). You should definitely try writing your mission statements. It will hardly take 10-15 minutes of your time and would be a great gift for you from yourself to stay on track and achieve your goals. Your mission statements can evolve with time, you can always work on them as you get yourself more and more everyday. With this in mind I would like to share my mission statements. Hope they help someone write their own mission statement.

My mission statements

  • To become an ideal man, one who completes his work, does it sincerely, gives time to family and friends and who inspires others to do their best.
  • To live a principle-centered life, for they are never changing and will always show me the right direction.
  • To plan for the next day, today.
  • To have short-term goals, and strive and do my best to achieve them.
  • To live happily in whatever I have and never compare myself with anyone, but my best-self.
  • To make the most efficient use of my time in doing something productive.
  • To be always willing to learn something new.
  • To never say no to someone in need, but also make sure to complete my work before helping others.
  • To never quit doing something, no matter how slow I might be at it, but to stop only after completing my job (success).
  • To complete the job at hand first before starting something new.
  • To always stay in the positive.
  • To incorporate some humor in my talk which makes everyone happy and doesn't hurt anyone.

To be the best I can in the following roles   :

  • Son - Always understand the love behind my parents worry. Always make them happy. Engage in intelligent discussion with them. Help them learn new technology.
  • Brother - Be the best brother I can be. See things from their perspective. Be a good friend with whom they can share their joys and sorrows.
  • Friend - Select friends carefully. Be true to them. Help them improve, even if I might have to get a little harsh with them. Share my joys and sorrows with them, help them do the same with me. Make them feel special, since they are special to me. Stay in their touch.
  • Student - Be a student of life forever. Always do my work sincerely. Respect my time and that of others as well. Learn and understand things. Stay true to my work. Be honest. Always prioritize completing my work before doing other less important things. Respect my teachers. Learn slowly but continuously.   

No comments:

Post a Comment